Sunday, July 13, 2014

First Aid Shot Therapy (pain reliever) - review

I received a single dose of First Aid Shot Therapy for pain relief from Influenster free for testing.  I've been waiting to review it until I had a reason to use it. Finally this past Friday, I had a headache and got my chance.

First off, the packaging is cute, but impractical.  You can see from the picture that it's rather large in hand.  To deliver 1.35 fl oz and leave enough room for it to be opened without spilling everywhere, it has to be a bit large.

Second, you'd think that because the packaging is so large, that it would relieve pain for a decent amount of time.  Unfortunately, it's only dosed to last 3-4 hours, and per the instructions, you could expect to be taking another of these every 3-4 hours, up to 8 of them in a day.

For these reasons, I can see them being sold at the register or in the checkout line for convenience when someone is out and about and doesn't have access to typical pain reliever pills or doesn't want to purchase an entire bottle of pills.  Maybe at airports for travelers?  Maybe in an office break room?  This isn't something you'd keep around the house or in your purse for regular use.

This sample was Berry Flavor.  It wasn't unpleasant, but did leave an aspirin aftertaste.  I didn't mind it too much, but the aftertaste did linger a while longer than I'd have liked.

The most important thing for me to note here is that did NOT relieve my headache at all.  Because it's an NSAID, I had to wait another 3-4 hours with the same headache until I could take my typical OTC pain reliever that I know works for me.  Aspirin has usually worked for me in the past, so I don't know if Friday's headache was just particularly persistent, or if this formulation and inactive ingredients worked against me.  It contains sucralose (Splenda), which has been known to cause headaches for me.  It also contains caffeine, so beware if you're sensitive to it.

Final thoughts: if sucralose and caffeine don't bother you, and aspirin is effective at relieving your headaches, this may help you in a pinch.  Otherwise, I'd stick with what you know will work for you.

#FASTrelief  #contest

No comments:

Post a Comment